Unbelievable. I didn't know The Office has been running for nine years and I can't remember sitting through one episode. Maybe it's because I work in an office for almost 30 years now and have not found anything amusing to watch what I've escaped after eight hours played back to me. Though I must say to have a boss like Michael Scott would be awesome. What is more worrisome is what have transpired in the nine years that I've also totally missed.
After nine long years, The Office is coming to a close tonight (sad!). And while there are plenty of things we’ll miss—Jim and Dwight’s pranks, Kevin’s one-liners, and all the Andy drama—no one will ever replace the man who started it all.
So, in honor of the show’s finale, we decided to review the management stylings of Michael Scott and share a few nuggets of workplace wisdom we’ve gained from him over the years.
Sit back, relax, and learn from the World’s Best Boss.
1. After sitting at your desk all day, sometimes you just need to move.
Source: What Should BC Call Us
2. Bring snacks, and you’ll instantly make friends at the office.
Source: Daily Dose of Memo
3. Keep meetings engaging by adding a little variety.
4. Stick to your guns.
5. Inspire your employees with motivational quotes.
6. Make time for team bonding.
Source: Little Moments
7. Celebrate even the little wins.
8. Sometimes, you just have to wing it.