Making a major career change can be inspiring, refreshing—and also really scary!
Jumping into something completely new is no easy task, but when it’s what you really want, then there’s no holding you back. Whether this is your first foray into seeking out a new path or you’re a serial career changer, we’ve gathered some of the best advice from around the web to help you out.
- Start by asking yourself these major questions before jumping into anything. (Life’d)
- Read up on how a career change could help you get ahead. (The Glass Hammer)
- Check out this example of how to rock your career-changing resume. (AOL Jobs)
- Learn how making the switch could affect your taxes this year. (Women & Co.)
- If you’re going to have to go back to school for your career change, think about these things first. (Brazen Life)
- Or, figure out how to make the change happen without more formal education. (Wise Bread)
- If you’ve had a lot of changes in the past, learn how to make your winding career path a secret weapon. (99U)
- Finally, get a little inspiration on how to make it work from a man who’s made multiple career leaps. (Fast Company)
Want more? Check out some of our great articles on making a career change!
Want to know if the career you have your eye on will be a better fit for you? Check out these simple ways to take it for a spin.
Feeling stuck, but not sure you have the guts to do something else? Former Cosmo Editor-in-Chief Kate White shares a few ways to find your career-change mojo.