We all know an effective job search involves tons of networking, hours spent fine-tuning resumes and cover letters, and plenty of interview prep. But it might be time to add “social media strategy” to your job search checklist, too.
To learn more, check out the articles below, then join The Daily Muse at Social Media Week to hear an expert panel of hiring managers and company leaders weigh in on the importance of social media in nabbing a job today.
- Learn about using Twitter effectively as a job search tool. (Mashable)
- Try one of these smart ways to use social media in your job search. (U.S. News)
- See what the Twitterverse had to say about how to best use social media in a job hunt during this #NPRTwitterChat. (ThisIsLars on Storify)
- Even Pinterest is getting in on the action! See how you can use your pinboards to your advantage during the job search. (Social Media Today)
- Think about adding a social resume to your repertoire. (Careerealism)
- Don’t miss out on the best ways to use social media to score a job. (Forbes)
- Ready to get going? Start your social media makeover today. (AOL Jobs)
Want more? Join us at Social Media Week NYC for our event, The 140 Character Resume: How Your Social Media Footprint Can Get You Hired.