People always say it’s all about who you know when it comes to getting a job. And while there are many other things that come into play, knowing the right people certainly doesn’t hurt in nailing a new position.
So if you’re looking for a new job—or are just looking to expand your network—check out these great tips from around the web.
- Try these tips for taking full advantage of online networking. (The Grindstone)
- Emailing an important person who you want to become a connection? Use this process to make sure your email grabs her attention. (Sparring Mind)
- Make sure to have the perfect elevator speech prepared for when you meet an awesome contact. (Life’d)
- If you’re attending a networking event, keep these ideas in mind to own the room and make the most of the opportunity. (Forbes)
- When looking for places to meet new connections, make sure not to miss out on these surprising venues. (SavvySugar)
- Make sure you’re not just collecting business cards, but actually making connections. (Careerealism)
- Wrap up your networking know-how with these 10 unique ideas for growing your contact list. (The Fast Track)
Want more? Check out some of our great advice on networking!
If you’re shy, attending networking events and meeting new people can be pretty intimidating, not to mention grueling. Though you might never enjoy networking, check out our expert tips for making it not so bad.
Let’s face it: Networking can be awkward—especially the whole walk up to someone you don’t know and start a conversation bit. But we’ve got you covered with 10 easy, non-awkward opening lines that actually will break the ice (in a good way).