These are some great articles! I particularly love the advice about really engaging with your new town to make friends. One tip I am learning this move - it is way better to ask liquor stores for empty boxes rather than grocery stores (the boxes don't smell, the cardboard used to separate wine bottles can got between staked paintings, the boxes are generally a great size for books or anything else that would usually be to heavy in a bigger box, and to reiterate you won't end up with salt and vinegar chip boxes that make your bedroom items smell like (you guessed it) salt and vinegar).
We know. There’s not much worse than moving. Well, except moving to a new city—where you’ll have to live without your old neighborhood, your old brunch spots, and your old friends to help you unpack.
If you could use a little help in the relocation department, check out these great reads from around the web.
- What to Do Before Moving To A New City (SheKnows)
- 8 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Moving for Love (The Frisky)
- 5 Steps to Take Before Moving to a New City (Redbook)
- 8 Tips for a Painless Move (CasaSugar)
- How to Alleviate Stress During a Move (MovinGal)
- Tips for an Organized Move (Organized Home)
- How to Make a Bunch of Friends in Any New City (Lifehack)
- Moving Checklist—After You Move (About.com)
- The Stress-Free Guide to Settling Down in a New City (LifeHacker)