It’s August 1st, the start of the last full month of summer. So, to help you make most of it, we’ve rounded up some of the best ideas for things to do in the great outdoors (or just your great backyard).
Pick one for this weekend, and promise yourself that you’ll turn off the Olympics—even if just for a bit—to get outside for some fresh air.
- Take your favorite indoor activities out. (Greatist)
- Pin your perfect picnic—and then actually go on it! (Good)
- Revamp your backyard with these DIY projects. (Apartment Therapy)
- Remember the joys of summer camp? Gather a group of friends to go to a nearby campsite (or create one in your own backyard). (Fathom)
- Host an outdoor party featuring everyone’s favorite summer treat. (A Beautiful Mess)
- Scope out some art beyond museum walls. (EcoSalon)
- Take your date out(doors). (Her Campus)
- Pack up some hearty snacks and then go on a day hike. (The Kitchn)
- Go stargazing with your gadgets to learn all about what you’re looking at. (The New York Times)