Tis the season to give (and we’re not just talking about the people on your holiday shopping list). We’re challenging you to find some ways to give to people who might not be as lucky as your friends and family, be it by donating your time, your money, or your stuff.
Start now and who knows—maybe it will become a lasting habit in the new year. We’ve gathered some of the best resources on the web to help you get started.
- Volunteering shouldn’t be a chore—find a gig you really enjoy so that giving back becomes a fun activity. (Lifehacker)
- Don’t have time to give? Donate your stuff instead. (You know you need to clean out the clutter in your closet anyway.) (Apartment Therapy)
- Use volunteering as a great excuse to travel the world. (SavvySugar)
- Make sure you know the money you donate is going to a good cause by using this handy tool to check up on organizations. (Fast Company)
- Volunteering doesn’t have to be completely selfless. Check out these ways it can help you make a shift in your career. (Good)
- Do good while you finish your holiday shopping with these gift ideas that benefit more than just the people you’re giving them to. (Refinery29)
Want more ways to give? Check out some of our great articles!
How Everyone Can Give Back: Kathy Calvin and #GivingTuesday
We sat down with Kathy Calvin, CEO of the UN Foundation, to learn about her amazing career, the evolution of the philanthropy field, and a few ways that even the busiest career women can give back.
See the World and Serve It: A Guide to Voluntourism
Sure a Caribbean vacation or a trek through Europe can be fun, but if you’re looking to do something a little more meaningful with your time off, volunteering abroad can be a great option. Here’s a guide to planning the best trip for you, and for the community you’ll serve.