Sleep is very important especially if one wants to lose weight. Adequate sleep helps to give you more energy during the day as well as speeds up your metabolism. Sleep is vital!
Most of us talk nonstop about how we need to get more sleep, but rarely do we manage to make it happen. So this week, make it a priority to get more—or better—sleep. Even just changing one habit can make a big difference in how rested you feel.
To help you out, we’ve gathered some of the best information from around the web on how to get a great night’s sleep (and really wake up when you need to).
- Start with these simple steps to the perfect snooze. (Positively Positive)
- Get some stylish pajamas to snuggle up in. (Refinery29)
- Put on soothing music to get yourself into sleep mode. (FitSugar)
- Find some great ways to wind down at the end of the day. (Apartment Therapy)
- Learn how to handle common sleep disruptions. (Real Simple)
- Make a plan to stop hitting snooze. (Greatist)
- Try to sneak in a nap sometime during the day. (Lifehacker)
- Keep a few tricks up your sleeve to jolt yourself awake when you really need to. (SavvySugar)
Want more? Check out some of our articles on getting enough zzz’s.
Arianna Huffington: Sleep Your Way to the Top
Don’t worry: she’s not advocating anything inappropriate. We’re kicking off the “Lessons to My Younger Self” series with the indomitable Arianna Huffington telling her younger self—and us—to get enough sleep.
Sweet Dreams: Simple Solutions for Getting to Sleep
Can’t get to sleep—again? As frustrating as it is, you’re not doomed to restless nights forever. Try these surprisingly low-tech lifestyle changes for a better night’s rest (and learn when it’s time to call your doc).