Did you know that you are wonderfully talented?
We know you are. Your boss or co-workers probably know you are, too. But if you don’t have the confidence in yourself to understand your abilities and the value you add, it could be holding you back from reaching your full potential.
Of course, building up confidence is no easy feat. So this week, we’ve gathered some of the best resources from around the web on how to become more sure of yourself (or at least how to fake it ’til you make it).
- Use these steps to defeat the self doubt that may be holding you back. (Leaving Work Behind)
- Make sure you’re not messing up the simple formula for building up confidence. (Pick the Brain)
- Think back to your accomplishments in the past to become more certain with yourself. (HBR)
- Or see if one of these two simple secrets to growing your confidence helps you out. (POPSUGAR)
- Even if you aren’t feeling sure of yourself, you can still sound like it. (Inc.)
- Try one of these “confidence vitamins” when you need a quick boost. (Alexandra Franzen)
- Know that self-confidence can be learned—which can lead to increased happiness. (Coca-Cola)
- As you work on building this up, make sure not to become overconfident—that trait can be a career obstacle as well. (Careerealism)
Want more? Check out some of our confidence-boosting articles!
When your dream job is on the line, it can be pretty tough to come across as calm, cool, and collected. But with these tips, you’ll be a standout in any interview.
Wish you could always feel calm and ooze competence at work? Us, too. But while it’s tough for everyone, getting better at it is far from impossible. Read on for three quick strategies to banish your on-the-job fear.