Creativity is one of the most powerful tools you can have in your career arsenal: You need it for everything from figuring out how to solve a problem to planning your own entrepreneurial venture (not to mention coming up with some pretty nifty DIY projects).
But, despite how awesome creativity is, a lot of people let it go to waste because they think they aren’t the “creative type.” The truth is, though, everyone can be creative—and we’ve found the best resources from around the web to get you started.
- Remember that reinvigorating your creativity doesn’t have to be hard. (Brazen Life)
- Move past the myth that creative people are just born that way. (The Independent)
- Make your desk more creatively stimulating. (Greatist)
- Learn what works—and what doesn’t—when brainstorming with your team at work. (Inc.)
- Find a great way to creatively collaborate online. (FastCo.Create)
- Snag a good notebook for jotting down your best ideas. (Brit & Co.)
- Get strategies for getting through those tough creative blocks. (Lifehacker)
- Take advice from the pros. (Brain Pickings)
Need a spark? Check out this quick video on ways to stay creative!
Want more? Check out some of our articles on the joys of creativity:
7 Ways to Break Out of a Creative Rut
Feeling uninspired? It happens to the best of us. But the good news is that there are some proven ways to boost your brainpower (and your brainstorming ability) and break out of that creative rut.
Video Pick: Do You Have a Creativity Phobia?
If you’ve ever been afraid to call yourself creative, this talk is a must-watch. “Creativity expert” David Kelley explains why everyone has creative potential, and, more importantly, how you can re-discover yours.