If you’re in Hurricane Sandy’s way, we hope you’re stocked up with emergency supplies and staying far out of harm’s way. But once you’ve settled in for the storm, we figured you could use some inspiration on how to pass the down time.
Whether you want to be productive, pamper yourself, or catch up on some reading, here are some great ideas from around the web.
- If you have to work, use these strategies for getting work done at home. (The Grindstone)
- Watch all the movies that have been sitting in your Netflix Instant queue. (Gala Darling)
- Get in a workout (even though you can’t leave the house). (FitSugar)
- Treat yourself to some homemade spa treatments. (BuzzFeed)
- Actually take the time to do your nails with a DIY Halloween manicure. (Her Campus)
- Make some delicious meals with your pantry staples. (Better Homes and Gardens)
- Or whip up some no-cook recipes if you’re without power. (Real Simple)
- Download some free e-books to enjoy in all your down time. (MakeUseOf)
- Use all of your time around the house to finally clear out the things you don’t need. (Apartment Therapy)
- Take the time to organize all the scattered to-dos that have been accumulating this month. (Lifehacker)
- Do some important career management tasks that tend to get lost behind your everyday work. (Doostang)